Hey everyone, just saying hi from the interwebs!
It's been forever since I've used this, so I thought I should make a post explaining where I am.
The only sites I post to with any regularity are facebook, my new blog (http://amvteknoboy.blogspot.com), and the website that I host my new podcast on (http://www.otakudreamers.com)... we just posted our first episode :).
Anyway, hit me up on Facebook, follow my blog, and/or listen to my new podcast. Hope everyone is doing well :).
This has been a rough year for me, financially and I can't justify spending the amount of money it takes to go to Otakon this year. This is the first year, since I started going in 2000, that I will not be there >_>...
After seeing the Otakon schedule that dwchang posted, I'm kicking myself even more because MELL* is having a concert Friday night, and it also sucks because I won't get to see my friends that I see once a year; AMVers, OCReMiXers, and other friends from all around the country.
To those who are going, have a lot of fun!
* = MELL is part of a collective of performers called I'VE Sound which KOTOKO also belongs to. MELL did the opening song "Red Fraction" for Black Lagoon, the opening song "Virgin's High" for Sky Girls, and the 1st ending song "Proof" for Hayate the Combat Butler.
First we lost Gary Gygax, but last night we lost Dave Arneson. This means that both of the original creators of D&D are dead :(. Rest in peace!
Stolen from mintbunny
If I had a band...
# Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random article you get is the name of your band.
# Go to http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
# Go to http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
# Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.
( The cover of my our first album...Collapse )
I'm too poor, so I won't be going. There is always next year.
New York Comic Con is February 6-8, 2009. I've never been to a comic con before, but I'm thinking of going up to NYC and checking it out for a day. It will be Friday, February 6th that I go, if I go.
New York Comic Con Website
So, anyone wanna go with me. Even though its Manhattan, I'd rather not go by myself. Its about a 4 hour, 30 minute drive from my place.
January Month in review (I know its not over yet). So far:
- I brought in the New Year at MAGFest! - I was able to see a lot of Internet friends.
- I got to be in a Music Video. - Filmed at MAGFest.
- Monica's monthly First Age Exalted game started this month. It was a good time.
- President Obama's inauguration is this week. It'll take some time for change, but I truely believe he was a better choice than McCain.
- My weight loss plan is going relatively well so far.
- I have great friends.
- I was sick the entire time at MAGFest, with Bronchitis. Thought I was dying.
- I still have a cough after taking anti-biotics.
- I haven't even started on my Bad Dudes AMV.
- I had to take my brother to jail to serve his 30 day sentence for getting a second DUI. I've been in a bad mood all day, because I could have given 15 days house arrest at my place, but I was too late to tell him he could stay >_>...
There you have it. I hope February isn't so rocky >_>...
You must check this out!
See if you can spot me!
I know, its about time, right?
Well I'm finally sick of being overweight and I'm joining a program at work to help me. Its like the Biggest Loser show, except no one is going to yell at me. I will have team mates to encourage me as well. If my team makes the top 3, then we can win a cash prize. Fortunately, I'm not being motivated by the money, I just need a kick start for diet and exercise. I have very lowe willpower when it comes to bettering myself and its hard for me start if I'm doing it on my own. That and I love food that is bad for me including soft drinks. I'm addicted to caffeine, so I'm going to ween myself off slowly with only allowing 2 a day to start (I usually drink about 5 or 6).
This will run until mid-march and my short-term goal is to lose 5 pounds, with my long-term goal to lose 10+ pounds.
To start I'm putting myself on a 2,000 calorie diet, drinking lots of water, and will be walking\jogging more.
Wish me luck!
Tomorrow, I'll be driving Steve and Kate down to MAGFest in Alexandria, VA.
What more can you ask for? Booze, friends, video game music, and video gaming! It should be a great time!
Take care everyone! See you in 2009!